If you are an individual in a city apartment, a tv antenna is the best way to enjoy watching a match of your favorite game without spending a penny. We are going to distinguish between LAVA HD-2605 vs 2805 in this article to make your selection easier.
It has been recorded that still, 25% of the total population uses antennas to get access to tv channels in the suburbs. In figures, it is over 40 million people. Some people tend to use tv antennas as they telecast live streaming programs with superior quality than in a cable connection. Some choose an Over The Air antenna to cut off their monthly budgets as it is totally free. You can access hundreds of local channels, including ABC, FOX, MeTV, CW network, and PBS, for instance. The images displayed with an antenna are better than that of a cable or a satellite connection. Antennas turn the electromagnetic signal into an electric signal.
Lava HD-2605 vs 2805
LAVA Electronics Inc. in Ontario is the manufacturer of LAVA HD antennas. When selecting an antenna, there are some important facts that you need to check. We have described those below.
- Gain – The unit of gain is expressed in decibels. (dB) Gain is the antenna’s capability of collecting energy coming from any direction. If the gain is higher, it is considered a better antenna. The gain of a low-gain antenna is 2dB. If your antenna has a gain of about 4dB, then it is considered a high-gain antenna. If it wants to be a very high gain antenna, it should present a gain of 6dB.
- Bandwidth- This is a component related to the frequency. Bandwidth can be calculated by taking the difference between the upper frequency and the lower frequency of the signals that the antenna receives. If the bandwidth is greater, the antenna is supposed to be functioning well.
- Radiation pattern – This is the power of the wave emitted by the antenna. A typical antenna has a spherical pattern.
- Polarization- Polarization is defined as the electromagnetic field around the antenna.
- Impedance- Impedance is the resistance given by the edges of the antenna when receiving tv waves. A higher impedance makes the antenna perform well.
- Signal amplifier- The power of the signal amplifier box, which connects the tv and the antenna.
- Rotation- The angle at which the antenna can be rotated to receive the strongest signals.
- Weight – Bigger antennas are demanded as it has more gain.
When we compare the dimensions and the weight of the two antennas, LAVA HD 2805 is bigger in size and weighs more. LAVA HD 2605 is 15.3 x 11.4 x 3 inches and weighs 3.65 pounds. LAVA HD 2805 is 21.75 x 11.25 x 3.75 inches and weighs 4.09 pounds. Suppose the structure has no issues, then we can tell that the bigger the size, the bigger the gain. That means it has the ability to collect tv waves more efficiently.
A rotating antenna is the best option when you need to catch up with a channel with a lesser signal or need to access signals from different towers. The remote control feature is available in both models we discuss here.
As we have explained earlier, the amplifier is the device that will help you to search even weak tv signals. These two antennas are manufactured with a low-noise amplifier. That means both are designed to collect even low strengthen signals without degrading.
The G3 control box is the responsible part designed to surge the protection of an antenna. Surge protection is given by TVSS (Transient Voltage Surge Suppressor), and it protects the device from sudden surges of power and voltage. LAVA HD 2605 and LAVA HD 2805 is designed with a G3 control box with surge protection ability.
Both antennas could be rotated 360° by the remote controller. The highest distance from which a LAVA HD 2605 can operate is 150 miles, and it is 100 miles for a LAVA HD 2805.
The quality of receiving both VHF and UHF signals is present in both models of LAVA. 2605 and 2805 capture VHF signals in the 40-300 MHz range. Therefore, the performance of VHF signals is the same in both models. When it comes to UHF signals, the 2605 model covers the frequencies of 400-890 MHz, and the 2805 gains the frequencies of 400-860MHz.
The VHF gain of the models is 28-32 DB and 22-28 DB, respectively. UHF gain of LAVA 2605 is 32-36 DB, and it is 27-33 DB in LAVA 2608.
Both antenna models are similar in power and impedance. Power is 3W, and impedance is 75ohm. An impedance of 50ohm is the acceptable value, and both these LAVA models present more than enough impedance.
Both models are outdoor installations and suitable for HDTVs and standard TVs.
The price of both LAVA antennas are same, and it is about $65. You are provided with a 30-day money-back condition and also a 1-year warranty period for both antennas.
How Do I Choose the Right TV Antenna?
As we discussed earlier, a tv antenna receives both VHF and UHF signals from the broadcasting station. There are some other features like gain, power, and impedance that need to be considered. We have discussed those in the above paras.
Is Antenna Tv Better than Cable?
A cable tv connection or a satellite compresses the signals before sending them to your home connection to make a lot of channels applicable at a time. But with an antenna, such compression happens in lower percentages, so the picture quality and the live streaming programs present fewer interruptions.
How Many TVs Can Run off Antenna?
When the installation has been done properly, there is no boundary for the number of TVs that can be connected to a tv antenna.
This article showcases the comparison of LAVA HD- 2605 vs. 2608. If you are trying to get a quality connection, an antenna is the best option you have. But there is only a limited number of channels at a time. We have discussed each factor affecting the performance of an antenna here. Hope this will help you in choosing the correct antenna.
You May Also Like