How to install iTunes on Chromebook? Updated Guide
People are aware that Apple provides several iTunes editions to use with all macOS & Windows OS. However, they are frequently unaware that another iTunes on Chromebook could remain. It may be helpful to understand how to install iTunes on Chromebook if you have the majority of the songs or settings saved in an iTunes and a Chromebook. Well, you’ve come to the correct place. This article will go through how to install iTunes on Chromebook.
What is iTunes Application?
iTunes, created by Apple Inc., would be the standard application enabling users to access songs, stream movies and TV episodes, and do various other tasks on a Mac laptop. The iTunes app is fantastic and approximately 98 million people utilize iTunes. Users may get the Windows operating system of iTunes via the Google PlayStore or the Manufacturer’s website.
What Are Chromebooks?
Google Chromebooks continue gaining popularity over time, per the data. In 2021, there were around 37.3 million Chromebook distributed. It is even seen as a viable option for the standard laptop. Despite Chrome OS is the operating system for Chromebooks, Google provides easy means for customers to download Windows and Android applications.
Although Chromebooks predominate in American classes, most users still favor the iPhone as their primary device. And finally, that results in the mismatch of the two unique systems which Google and Apple have each developed.
Does Chrome OS support iTunes?
Both are very famous, and some users even have both. Does Chrome OS support iTunes? Unquestionably, iTunes can be used on a Chromebook. This was considered by Google, which also provides a solution. In simple terms, iTunes is not offered for the system by Apple.
iTunes for Android has still not been released by Apple, and it seems unlikely that it ever would. Despite Chromebooks’ lack of native support for iTunes, there exist workarounds for running the program. Users who have Chromebooks may be interested in using iTunes. Many consumers now use the Google Play edition of Apple Music, never longer switching to the desktop version. Or maybe they use their web browser to go to Apple Music.
Note: When attempting to download this on a Chromebook, users must first create an iTunes account when users wouldn’t already have one.
You May Also Like: Where Do Saved Audio Messages go on iPhone?
How to install iTunes on Chromebook?
Do you own a Chromebook that users recently acquired but can’t get iTunes to work upon that? Therefore, there is no need for you should worry since we have your back.
Method 1: Linux
1. Make Linux functionality active
You must first check to see if Linux programs are supported on your Chromebook. Verify that Linux has already been allotted space on your Chromebook. On a Chromebook, follow these steps to activate Linux.
- Merely go to the Chrome OS options menu inside the notification center to accomplish this.
- To access the options menu, select the tool symbol, then choose advanced.
- Linux (Beta) or Developers should be selected.
- When installing Linux, choose Turn On and then adhere to the prompts upon that display.
- The Chromebook would now have Linux loaded, and a Terminal window should appear.
Note: Take great attention to both the names you choose because they will play a significant role in file paths.
2. Put Wine on your Chromebook
- Run the program inside the Terminal after that. Please upgrade Linux to the most recent build, and use the following command.
- sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade -y
- Once the procedure is finished, wait.
3. The 32-bit applications should be supported
Although Linux will be present in the Chromebook, it is still not suitable again for the iTunes application. To begin with, you must do an exact upgrade to facilitate functionality for 32-bit applications. Rest sure that it will just require a little more copy/paste.
- To activate access for 32-bit apps, run the commands listed below one at a time inside this Terminal.
- sudo dpkg –add-architecture i386
- sudo apt update
- sudo apt-get install wine32
Now you’re using 32-bit capability. You’ll need to upgrade Wine once again. Therefore add and execute the command once again.
- ‘sudo apt update’
4. Get the 32-bit edition of iTunes
A 64-bit software package would not function correctly on Chromebooks and shows a dark window. Users must install the 32-bit edition of the iTunes software because the 64-bit version will not work on such a Chromebook.
- Open a browser in your Chromebook, then navigate towards the iTunes section of a Company’s site.
- Save the installation media, select the Download option and then select a place.
- Moving your iTunes Setup file to the Linux documents folder is necessary after installation.
- You must give the program a new name, such as iTunes.exe or iTunesSetup.exe.
5. Configure iTunes on the Chromebook
- Launch the Linux Terminal application.
- Put this into action.
- WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=/home/username/.wine32/ wine iTunesSetup.exe
Note: Please ensure that your name is the one given to the Chromebook. The line could be best pasted someplace first, but before duplicating it again, the name should be manually processed and added. Inside the Linux Terminal, check for the part that comes before actually @penguin to identify the identity.
- You’ll see a popup for installing iTunes.
- After that, install iTunes by following the on-screen instructions.
- On the following Installation Settings box, choose Install.
- Hold off until the installation is complete.
- To close the installation, choose Finish.
To utilize iTunes, visit the Programs window on your Chromebook.
What is the Linux performance of iTunes on a Chromebook?
The outcomes should be the same regardless of if you want to use a standard or high Chromebook. This would lead to a lower-than-expected result.
Linux now has USB detection capabilities on Chromebooks. With the Chromebook, however, iTunes would be impossible to detect the iPhone. The lack of Linux connection for Apple products might be the problem.
When signing into an Apple id in iTunes, users can experience problems. Therefore, you can’t access any multimedia or collection. The ultimate consequence is that iTunes on such a Chromebook was not as great as it first appeared.
Method 2: iTunes Webpage
Suppose a person is passionate about music through iTunes, and the technique mentioned above is either too difficult to understand or does not function. In that case, they can utilize the iTunes webpage.
- Open Chrome, then navigate to the iTunes webpage iTunes section.
- Inside the Chrome toolbar, open More Tools by clicking on three vertical hyphens in the upper right-hand corner.
- After that, choose New Shortcut from the displayed menu, and afterward, type iTunes inside the path name field.
- Your Chromebook now has a button just on the desktop, which could be used to access iTunes to stream music.
Method 3: Transfer your iTunes songs to YouTube
To enjoy the benefits of a Google environment, several users would want to upload their iTunes songs to YouTube. The best feature is that people can quickly sync personal files with YouTube music because the Apple system enables it via the YouTube application.
- Go into the website’s media section by opening an internet browser.
- Drag & move all audio files from iTunes towards the YouTube page at this point.
- Once you’ve agreed to YouTube’s terms of service, wait for the procedure to finish.
Once completed, Tube music may be used to stream iTunes songs.
If the two approaches above didn’t please you, it’s possible that Wine for Chromebooks didn’t function properly on your Chromebook. In this situation, you ought to try another approach.
Method 4: Download the virtual machine software
Utilizing virtual machine software is the best course of action for those who might be keen on using iTunes to its full potential on a Chromebook. There are many programs, but we’ll talk about the VirtualBox procedure. “Parallel Desktop Applications” are this sort of program.
- Grab the “Windows ISO file” or the “Lightweight Linux Distro” first. Additionally, provide room for “Guests OS” to download and operate programs properly.
- Upon this Chromebook, connect to a server and navigate to the VirtualBox site’s webpage for Linux installations.
- This “VirtualBox website” should be opened in an internet browser.
- Clicking upon Debian 10 right away to begin the downloading.
- Twice the regular destination folder and choose “Install with Linux” when it has finished downloading.
- After choosing Download using Linux, launch VirtualBox by following the on-screen instructions.
- Your Linux Apps File should be used to run it after installation.
- Select New afterward in the VirtualBox interface.
- Now, adhere to the on-screen instructions to run a guest Operating system in VirtualBox, such as Microsoft, or a gentle Linux distribution.
- Choose “New” and then adhere to the instructions to “Install a Guest Windows Operating system inside the Chromebook Operating system.”
- Open “VirtualBox” when it has been installed correctly, then click “Install Windows iTunes Applications” under the “Guest Windows Operating system.”
When you’re finished, open iTunes to see how well it works on your Chromebook.
Recall that the most resource-intensive approach to operating iTunes upon the Chromebook is via virtual servers. Remember that VirtualBox demands a powerful Chromebook with a powerful CPU and enough storage to execute every one of the Windows apps without crashing. If not, this will slow and occasionally freeze as well.
More Related Articles: